Alyson B. Miller
INTRODUCTION/GENERAL COMMENTS/PERSONAL GOALS FOR INVOLVEMENT IN COLLABORATIVE FAMILY LAW CASES:
With more than a decade of family law experience, Alyson's successes are the result of a belief system that embraces conflict resolution. She strongly values the benefits of settlement and compromise. Alyson works diligently to help clients reach out-of-court agreements because it provides certainty for the client and, in most cases, reduces the emotional and financial distress that litigation can create. In addition to her law practice, Alyson is co-founder of Legal Alternatives, LLC, an independent, nonlegal company that offers mediation and other forms of dispute resolution as alternatives to litigation for a wide range of disputes, including divorce and other family law-related matters. Alyson is also a registered guardian ad litem representing the best interests of children involved in custody disputes.
- Collaborative Law
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Early Neutral Evaluation
- Admission to the Bar, State of Ohio, 2004
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 2004
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- B.A. - 2004
- Central Ohio Academy of Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Registered Guardian Ad Litem
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Throughout her career, Alyson has been recognized as a "Rising Star" by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine for being one of the state's outstanding young domestic relations lawyers. She has been featured in Columbus CEO magazine's Top Lawyer issue among an elite group of Columbus lawyers recognized for their legal abilities and professional ethical standards.
Alyson is the Chair of the Family Law Committee for the Columbus Bar Association. She is the President of Partners for Community and Character (PCC) in Worthington, and also serves as a board member for The Gateway Film Center.